Lego bricks have revolutionized the world of robotics where we can build our robot, which was once just a fantasy of sci-fi. This is made for both kids and adults; both can enjoy learning some new things from the Lego Robotics Kit. Here comes a question, to fit your requirements, how you’ll pick the right LEGO robot? Contemplate who is using the kit. What is the skill level of this person? Where are their interests? All of this might sound a little difficult, mainly when you are not familiar with these lego robot kits.
It is our mission to help you, the consumer, find the products that meet your needs. We conduct extensive research through laboratory testing, expert consultations, and chats with real consumers. As a result, we can create unbiased, complete product reviews that you can trust.
Programmable Vs. Model Robot Kits
There are two main types of LEGO Robot kits for sale; programmable robot kits and model robot kits. Here is a brief description of each type.
Programmable Robot Kits:
* Programmable robot kits consist of motors and sensors.
* For tablets, smartphones, or pc you can program or ‘code’ your finished robot through an app.
* Lego kits which are made from programmable kits, can move independently. Some can do wonders by depending on your skills.
* With two lego themes: boost and Mindstorms, you can find programmable lego robot kits.
Model Robot Kits
* Model LEGO robot kits may look like robots, but they work the same as toys and models.
* Some model LEGO robots have moving parts as they don’t have motors or the capability to move on their own!
* In a range of LEGO themes, including creator, star wars, Ninjago, and ideas, you can find model robot kits.
Questions To Ask Before Buying A Lego Robot Kit
1. What age group is the LEGO robot kit designed for?
For example, The LEGO Boost robot kits are only for ages 7 to 12, and Mindstorms kits are for ten and above.
2. IS THE KIT PROGRAMMABLE?
From the boost and Mindstorms, only LEGO robot kits are programmable. Boost coding app is icon-based and is very intuitive, so complete coding beginners can also enjoy it.
3. Does the kit have a motor?
While building a robot that can move on its own, then you will need a motor. Please make sure you check your LEGO robot kit to confirm that it has a motor or not. Some kits have more than one motor so that they can become more complex.
4. LEGO robot kit prices
Model LEGO robot kits are $20 and above and some over $100, depending upon the theme of the model.
If you are interested in buying a LEGO robot kit, the boost kit starts from $150, and a complete Mindstorm kit starts from $350.
These were some of the best robot kits currently available in the market. I hope this one helps you buy the perfect lego robot kit for you.