Business process automation is the technology-enabled automation of activities or services that businesses use as a strategy to accomplish specific functions or workflow and also contain their expenses. Organizations use automation in many forms. The process can be used to simply onboard employees or to calculate complex accounts payable. Here is what automation and Robotics books will teach you.
Automation And Robotics Books – Elements of Business Process Automation
• This process requires consistency throughout the organization.
• This process is repeatable.
• The process needs to be free from any inaccuracy or errors each and every time it is used.
Automation And Robotics Books – Major Phases of Business Process Automation
Some Industries that can Use Business Process Automation
• Healthcare – Supports for record management, electronic signature and project management is enabled by business process automation. The industry includes sectors like hospitals, pharmacies, biotech, medical devices and laboratories.
• Banking – Automated credit and money transfers, managing budgets, integrating card systems, etc. are enabled through business process automation.
• Telecommunications – Automation of office systems, databases, customer service, billing systems, etc are enabled.
• Trading and Manufacturing – Automation of manufacturing processes, CRM, ESB, and ERP systems warehouses, procurement activities is made possible.
Automation And Robotics Books – Reasons
Some reasons why you should consider automating your business processes are:
• Increasing efficiency – Manual process is much more tedious, time consuming and less efficient in a manner as compared to automated business processes. Automating the workflow of the organization enables it to reach goals before deadline, leads to more cost-efficiency and the operations are prioritized optimally.
• Motivation and employee satisfaction – More are the employees satisfied, more is the productivity and stability in organization. Instead of assigning the employees with repetitive tasks, giving them an opportunity to take advantage of latest technologies, keeping them updated with automated business processes will motivate them to perform better and keep them satisfied and happy with their jobs.
• Reduced costs – Automated processes reduce the cost of hiring and training new employees as these processes perform the business operations themselves. These automated processes take less time to deliver performance and cut down the wasteful steps or operations.
• Reduced risks and surprises – The whole scene is under control when business process automation is applied. The uncertainties, risks and business surprises are all mostly predicted beforehand by automated processes. Receiving warnings through these processes save time, money and possible damages.
• Effective monitoring – Manual monitoring is less effective than automated processes. These processes effectively keep the organization updated about working, progress, growth, and deviations from goals. This leads to better control and coordination in organization.
• Quality product and/or service delivery – Customer satisfaction is one of the main objectives that every organization wants to achieve. Ultimately customer satisfaction is the factor that leads to the survival and growth of an organization. This can be ensured by delivering quality products/ services. Automated processes make sure that the operations are carried out uniformly throughout the organization and will lead to more efficiency and subsequently better products/ services.
Business process automation leads to overall growth and improvement in business organizations and are extremely beneficial as discussed previously. However, these processes may have an effect on job vacancies for employees in future.